Tuesday, 11 March 2008

not a lot going on at the moment

Went to Liverpool last week to see Eleanor and had a great day out - took loads of photos but the card got corrupted when I put it in my card reader so they are lost now! Was pleasantly surprised by Liverpool and am looking forward to returning again.

Am eating chocolate like it is going out of fashion ( 2 easter eggs, 2 caramel bars, 2 cadburys cream egg and one huge bar of Dairy milk in just one day - 'fat greedy pig I am' and feel so down in the dumps about it that I could not face going to slimming last night - wimp!

Have finished a lovely book called Rise & Shine by Anna Quindlen - (kindly lent me by Donna from UKS) it was nice & easy reading and I enjoyed it. Am reading a thousand suns now which seems to be ok so far. Just had a couple of new books arrived from Amazon today - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and This is Civilisation by Mathew Collings.

Have ordered a book about doodling from Amazon.com which will take 2 weeks to arrive - but I have been starting to doodle - very very simply on my layouts and like it so want to learn how to become more proficient at it.

Talking of doodling & freestyle I did this layout today, where I used the Autumn leaves freestyle alphabet stamps, 
I think you are meant to be adventurous and colour them in,
 but as this was my first time using them stuck to plain black and white 
- will have a play about and colour them next time.
The photos were not very exciting so I chose some bright papers to brighten the page up - Basic Grey, Pheobe. This was Jessica making pancakes at uni last year - pity there is not a pic of her tossing them! 

my total layouts so far is now 42 for this near. 
Only another 10 and I will have reached my target for 2008!

I have signed up for a class on the Internet - it is by Shimelle lane called 'theres no place like home'. It costs £10 and she sends an email prompt every day - not sure for how long and we make projects about our homes and where we live. I have never done one of her classes before so am really looking forward to it. I may not be able to keep up every day but at least I can save the files to do when I can. Shimelle is hosting some classes at the Scrapagogo retreat I am going to in June - so this will get me used to her style of scrapping.

Got a crop coming up soon but have not sorted photos yet so off to do that now - so see a very boring life at the mo.

No comments: