Thursday, 25 September 2008

Gorgeous Rocky Road

At the crop on Saturday we were discussing recipes and I said that I really wanted a recipe for Rocky Road - as I used to be able to buy it in Lakeland but they have stopped selling it. Well Ann kindly forwarded this recipe to me - thank you Anne!

I made them yesterday and they are just gorgeous - even nicer than the shop bought one - I can see me making these again and again.

Recipe ( from a real Aussie cookbook!)

INGREDIENTS

375gm of milk chocolate

1/2 cup desiccated coconut

1 cup unsalted peanuts ( I could not find any of these so substituted Brazil nuts chopped instead)

200gm glace cherries

250gm pink & white marshmallows chopped in half.

METHOD

Line a 28 x 18 shallow oblong tin with greaseproof paper.

Place chocolate in large bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

Add coconut, nuts and cherries and stir until all combined. Then add marshmallows and stir well until combined. Spread mixture into baking tray and place in fridge to set .

Cut into small squares and eat!

No comments: