Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Out and about with friends

I have had a couple of days out walking with friends lately. Last week I walked up Caer Caradoc with Rachel - it was huge but I did it. The summit is behind the clouds at the right hand side of this photo - so it was a very good work out.
I was so chuffed with myself but as you can tell from this photo -I am still not fit enough to go climbing hills - my face is so red I look like I am fit to burst. Rachel is not even pink!

It was cold and frosty so we did not hang around for long - managed to admire the views - clouds in one direction (we were above them!) and clear skies in the other.

Yesterday I was out with Cathy and we went to Tyrely locks at Market Drayton - we did 3 caches around there and had a lovely walk along the canal. Cathy had new walking boots so managed the walk much better than last time when her hips really played up.
We had lunch at the lovely canal side pub (the Tavern wharf) I had seen a few weeks ago - it was gorgeous food. Then we did a picture cache around the village of Hinstock in the afternoon to wear the huge dinner off.

No comments: