Thursday, 1 January 2009

oh my poor neglected blog...

Well Christmas preparations got the better of me and I neglected everything else - sorry. Well a new year and a new start - hope to do better. Here are just a few Christmas photos:-


Steven & the girls on Christmas Eve.

Jessica & Eleanor in front of the tree.

here 3 of the children are all snuggled up in bed together - its Christmas eve and they always go to bed together so that they can open their stockings together. Ross will not join in the fun though.
me & jess

Eleanor & Jess in their new matching PJ's
In an effort to keep inspired I am following the 'take a photo a day' project on UKS. The plan is that we take a photo a day throughout the year - I tried this once before - just for a month and could not even manage that - so I am not hopeful- but I like a challenge. Here is today's photo:-

It is taken on Earls Hill today and the trees are all covered with dry snow - so it was gorgeous. Steven and I went geocaching up there today as we had never been there before.

Just a quick update on the kitchen saga - the sink and taps were fitted 3 days before Christmas - so at least we had water. The kitchen man is coming on Monday to finish off the units and work tops and then depending on how much money we have left I can have either a new fridge freezer or extractor fan- I need both really but don't think that the funds will stretch that far. Once everything is back in the kitchen - I am hoping to start scrapbooking again. I feel a little nervous as it has been so long - hope I have not forgotten how to do it.

As it is New Years Day I should really post my resolutions - just one this year - loose weight. This time last year I had lost 5 stone in weight - I have put most of it back on so I have no option but to diet again. I am not starting just yet - need to be able to function in the kitchen first and rid the house of all the junk - so I am hoping in about 2 weeks.

No comments: