Wednesday, 23 April 2008

2 walks in one day!

Yes - I have been very active today. First walk was with Thelma up the Stiperstones. Fab weather and glorious views. We went out so she could show me how to use the GPS I have bought Steven for his birthday, as she has one. It looks very complicated!
Shepards Rock

We also tried to find 2 geocaches - Shepard's pie & Winberry pie and could not find either- So I don't hold out much hope for Saturday! I did learn something though - get all the clues you can. I did glance at the photo for winberry pie on the computer and thought it would be easy to find a bit of green in a rock face - Wrong - there were lots of bits of green. And I did not look at the picture clue at all for Shepards pie and needless to say we were looking in completely the wrong place - lesson learnt anyway. Cranberry Rock

Then in the evening Steven wanted to go for a walk around Attingham park - it was very nice and deserted. I was worried we were going to get locked in as it was quite late but we were ok . Took this lovely photo of him. All the family do get fed up with me taking the camera everywhere, but its worth it.
I am now on the second reading of Stacy Julian's Photo freedom and I think I am going to reorganise my photos totally into her system - not just half hearted as I initially thought.

The trouble is finding proper storage for the photos. Thanks to a discussion thread on UKS - started because everyone was having trouble, I have located 2 places to buy storage binders from.


The first is Jessops but they have very limited stock. I have managed to get hold of 2 black albums and 3 packets of the clear archival holders. I have started moving my photos from the old sticky albums into these, but I am going to need a lot more and in different sizes because most of my later photos are 5x7.
The second place is arrowfile - 0nline- and they seem to have a huge choice of albums and archival folders so think I will get more from here.

No comments: