Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Our last mortgage payment.

What a fantastic feeling - this is Steven writing a cheque for our last mortgage payment!
We should get the final endowment payout at the end of July and after the cheque has cleared, we can pay off the mortgage in August. Of course that all depends on how much the endowment pays out - because of all the worry over these stupid mortgages, we have been paying extra each month to bring down the outstanding balance - so we are hoping that it will all be cleared and will give us a little bit extra left so that we can buy a desperately needed new car - it won't be brand new as there won't be that much over.
We will not be any better off as the mortgage money is now going to become his tax money, but at least we won't have the worry of the house being repossessed if he broke his leg and could not work.


And there is more good news - I have finished sorting my photos!! - well phase 1 of Stacey Julian's photo freedom. This has taken me months to do and my worktop has been covered in photos and albums so leaving me little room or time to scrap. But now it should be full throttle on creativity!

Just got to find somewhere to keep them as I have ended up with 9 albums. I actually could do with 1 more album as they are all very full (see photo below), but as the eventual point of this exercise is to get the photos OUT of these binder albums and onto scrapbook pages, so I will just have to get moving and scrapbook lots of these photos quickly!

I have all my photos in one safe archival place now, which was phase one - the next stage is taking them back out and putting them into category drawers - 'people we love', 'places we have been' etc. Her theory is that by doing this we can find connections and scrapbook differently rather than chronologically. I really can't face any more photo sorting and I am happy with the way I scrap so will not do phase 2 yet.

1 comment:

Ali M said...

Hi Deb..
brilliant pic of your hubby with the cheque!!must be a great milestone to reach..i think we've another 9 years to go!

Those photo albums look great...bet you heaved a sigh of relief!
catch up soon..will email u later..going to Abis new school for induction this morning!!AAAGGGHHH!
Ali