Thursday, 19 June 2008
Plum & almond muffins
here are the remaining plum and almond muffins that I made for our trip out yesterday. They were delicious and looked gorgeous when bitten into because of the lovely plum colour scattered throughout. I had never made them before and in fact I only found the recipe on Tuesday in a Sainsbury's magazine that was delivered in the post.
I just want to write the recipe down here in case I loose it.
3 large eggs
150gm sugar
25gm butter - melted
175gm self - raising flour
25gm ground almonds
3 plums finely chopped
2 tablespoons flaked almonds.
preheat oven to gas 4
whisk eggs and sugar in a bowl until foaming
Stir in butter, then fold in flour, ground almonds and plums - being careful not to overmix.
Drop spoonfuls into 12 large muffin cases in a muffin tin.
Scatter the klaked almonds ontop onf the ixture.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins spring back to the touch.




No comments:
Post a Comment