Wednesday, 2 July 2008

I have a new phone .. sort of

Ross's 18 month phone contract was up and he could choose a new phone so he chose this one - LG KF 700 and he hated it! So decided to keep with his old Samsung which was working beautifully - unlike mine - so he said I could have this one.

I can see why he does not like it - it is not very user friendly and is very heavy, but the battery has died on my Samsung and despite buying 2 new ones, can only get up to about 6 hours of the phone on - so can't even go out for the day with it. Therefore I will have to grin & bear this one until my contract is up in December and I can choose a new one - and it won't be an LG one.

The instructions with it were printed on a minute booklet with writing so small you could hardly read it and were minimal and expected an advanced understanding of the phone to begin with (which I don't have) that they were as good as useless. I went to the LG web site to download the user manual but they did not have one for this phone!

It would not transfer all my contacts in my sim over to the new phone so I had to input them all individually and I could not upload any music to it. I put in the disc that came in the box on to my computer - but still no way of doing it, so I have had to invest in a 4Gb micro card. I put all my music on that and inserted it into the phone and Voila there it was but what a drag to do.
I cannot get over the minute size of this card considering it is 4Gb. It is one of the new HC ones and is really fast at transferring the music - I am very impressed and have just ordered a proper HC SD card for my camera. The micro card was £10 and the one for the camera £15 - the prices for these have really come down over the last year and I think are very good value for money.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: