It is by an artist called Brian Judd and Steven & I just fell for it in an art gallery in Bournemouth - it was quite expensive but we do get a lot of pleasure from looking at it . It takes pride of place over the fireplace in the front room. This room desperately needs decorating and when we can find the funds to do it, we will choose the colour scheme to work around this picture!
Most of our other piantings are by an artist called Berrens, who paints views around the Italian lakes.
I also have one by Caneletto - whose really detailed paintings of Venice are divine. I think I would like to get some more by him and bigger as well as this one is only quite small and I really like to see the finer detail in his paintings.
Now this wall hanging here is not done by a great artist but me! It is a huge clip frame which hangs in our hallway by the front door - hence the light on the photo. I made it about 10 years ago as I wanted to be able to see the photos of the children - not have them hidden away - see I had the makings of a scrapbooker even then!
I collected all the best photos and then cut them up to focus in on their faces and I think I have produced a masterpiece and everyone that visits always comments very favourably. The trouble is - I no longer have the negatives, many of the photos have faded from their placement by the door and I have cropped them so tightly - with scissors that when I have tried to scrap some of them - I have found it quite difficult and as these were the best photos so the one I have kept the scissors away from are not ideal to use on the layouts. Never mind we live & learn.



No comments:
Post a Comment