I have made some Scan Bran cake and in fact it is quite tasty.
Here is the recipe
5 scan bran
2 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon syrup
2 level tablespoon mincemeat
5 level tablespoon sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
grated zest of a lemon
Soak the scan bran in boiling water for 1 minute. Then drain water away and mash up.
Mix ingredients thoroughly
Pour mixture into Pyrex bowl and microwave for 8 minutes.
When cooked the cake will be springy to touch and have pulled away from the sides.
Whilst this is very nice to eat I wonder if it will get me back into bad habits of snacking in between meals. I have been very good since I have started at SW and only eat at meal times except for some fruit for elevenses. But now I have this will I think 'oh its healthy its OK to eat it' and end up slowing down my weight loss. Perhaps I could take some to the gym as I felt quite exhausted after water areobics on Friday and had to have a rest and a banana before I could go into the gym

Here is the recipe
5 scan bran
2 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon syrup
2 level tablespoon mincemeat
5 level tablespoon sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
grated zest of a lemon
Soak the scan bran in boiling water for 1 minute. Then drain water away and mash up.
Mix ingredients thoroughly
Pour mixture into Pyrex bowl and microwave for 8 minutes.
When cooked the cake will be springy to touch and have pulled away from the sides.
Whilst this is very nice to eat I wonder if it will get me back into bad habits of snacking in between meals. I have been very good since I have started at SW and only eat at meal times except for some fruit for elevenses. But now I have this will I think 'oh its healthy its OK to eat it' and end up slowing down my weight loss. Perhaps I could take some to the gym as I felt quite exhausted after water areobics on Friday and had to have a rest and a banana before I could go into the gym



No comments:
Post a Comment