We called at Elveden Forrest on the way down because I wanted to see the famous Eleveden elves but only briefly saw 2 girls dressed as elves under their coats so a bit disappointed with that. However there was a real buzz as there with loads of people getting their Christmas trees etc. I would have liked to stay longer but Jess was texting us asking where we were and how long would we be etc.

Steven all muffled up against the cold to try and stop him coughing - it did not work I hasten to add! We did not actually get our tree from here in the end but got a real Norfolk tree from a farm just a few miles outside Norwich - its lovely, though we did get covered in mud getting it because of all the rain.
Steven & Jess went to watch Norwich play Sheffield at the football ground - Liam played on Jessica's laptop - until he broke it and I checked in at the premier travel inn, then settled down
to read my new copy of the Scrapbook Magazine in the warm & dry.
We all met up after the match in the Riverside area
and had a lovely meal at Old Orleans. I did not want to be a diet bore again so joined in but with sensible choices.
I had chicken breast , jacket potato and green beans, though
when I had finished eating the beans they left behind a load of fat/oil on the plate -
so I have no idea how they cooked them or what damage it did to my diet.
Liam actually allowed me to take his photo in the restaurant - would not smile though - but at least its a start!

Jessica is so beautiful. I think I look a bit haggard! Jess does not want me to loose any more weight as I don't look like her mum anymore! She was very surprised when she saw me because she has not seen me for 3 months and after the initial shock was over, said that I was not to loose any more weight. Its a bit of a dilemma because I am still overweight at 12 stone 7lb but perhaps after seeing this photo - another 2 1/2 stone might be too much. How can I loose it from my hips and not anymore from my face?
I had a big breakfast at the premier inn the next morning and for some strange reason I put butter on my toast - why??? I have not used any butter or spread for 6 months - so what a silly thing to do. We then ate out for lunch - the kids were starving so we ate in the food court in the lovely Chapelfield shopping centre - I went for what I thought might be the safest option - a jacket potato but did not fancy baked beans on it so had chicken tikka - thinking it might be dry chicken, but no, it was chicken in loads of sauce!! It was very delicious though and I was hungry and had a long drive home so tucked in and ate it all! So all in all a bad week food wise - but at least I lived a normal life and have not succumbed to any chocolate - must get back on track next week.
Jessica at the Notcutts garden centre at Norwich. They have the most fantastic Christmas display. We just bought one lowly Santa figure to hang on the tree. I wanted some brilliant white twinkling tree lights but they were £40.00 and Steven was too ill to be sweet talked into getting them.



No comments:
Post a Comment