Tuesday, 15 December 2009

15th December photo - bikers annual hospital jaunt

I took these photos on my mobile phone on Sunday, but forgot all about them until today - so do you think I can use them for today? Its a bit of a cheat - but they are quite interesting and I do want to print one for my album. Sorry about the quality - this is what happens when I venture out without a camera - you would think I would have learnt after a year of missed opportunities!


Steven & I went to town on Sunday to do some Christmas shopping and arrived just in time to see the annual bikers ride, up to the hospital leaving from the Square. They do it every year and it has become quite an institution now. Lots & lots of them - I would guess about 500, ride from the Square and present presents to those in hospital.


I am not a biker, but I must admit the sights and sounds of all these bikes roaring off was very impressive. The traffic was held up for about 15 minutes while they set off. I think those at the front would have arrived at the hospital by the time those at the back had just left!

2 comments:

Linda said...

oh that looks fun Deb! I so know what you mean about missed opportu ities! I have taken to putting alittle point and shoot camera in my handbag to take everywhere with me.

Karen said...

Glad you didn't miss this photo opportunity. A lovely event and great to capture it for 365.