Tuesday, 8 December 2009

8th December photo - finished Christmas cake

Apart from the post holiday chores I have been doing today - I have also finished my Christmas cake. I am delighted with the ribbon around the outside of the cake, as I had been looking for just the right one for ages and I found it Saturday in a Florist shop in Bowness and the red & gold 'merry Christmas' came from a posh baking shop in Bowness as well. They had the most gorgeous black glass cake stand - but at £50 - thought that was slightly too much of an extravagance, which would most probably got broken on the train journey home - so I reluctantly had to leave it in the shop.

However hard I tried - my holly berries - would just not go into really round balls - so we have slightly elongated ones!! The glitter on the holly leaves is edible glitter! - it was one of my 50 presents for my birthday - glad I have found a use for it.

Right off to scrub the red & green colouring off my hands now!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very impressed!!!
Does your 50mm lens have aperture priority setting?

valerie said...

your christmas cake looks fab didn't get round to making mine this year have a fab week:)

Linda said...

Beautiful cake Deb! Will you come and decorate mine? I am useless at cake decorating!!LOL

Karen said...

Gorgeous cake Deb - you are very clever.

Mrsjobee said...

Stunning Deb - my cake is still naked!!