Today I journeyed to Liverpool to bring Eleanor home for the holidays. I used the trip as an opportunity to pick up a few geocaches - I found 6 - bringing my current tally to 1033 finds.
I have a collection of photos from the trip - not sure which one I am going to print out for my album yet though (likely the first 1 or 2).

Actually managed to catch a squirrel still for one second in Newsham park - they are very quick creatures - I ended up with quite a few photos of blank trees or end of their tails. I like the gentle sprinkling of snow on the ground.

Even though they had not had much snow - it had been very cold and all 3 of the pools in the park had frozen solid - this one had just started to defrost - love the old red sandstone building behind it. It reminds me of a view from Central Park (I wish !)

Some Canadian geese having to stand on the ice - though there is a little glimmer of the ice starting to defrost - they had better watch out they don't fall in!

I called into a place called Cronton to do a geocache at these stocks. They are very old - but they are sited right in the middle of the village, so everyone could see who was being punished!. They would have usually made a great photo on their own - but this Christmas tree has been put up right next to it - so for some reason necessitating a metal fence around it - which spoils the whole effect - so this one is interesting but won't be my POTD.

Just some info about the stocks.

I saw these new metal signs on the motorway gantries, as I drove in and thought they would make a good photo - but they don't really. I prefer this shot below - which just focus's on the the metal painting.
3 comments:
Another super collection of photos Deb. I like the one of the geese on the snow and well done on getting that squirrel to sit still.
I know what you mean about the squirrels Deb-I spent yesterday trying to get a decent photo of birds on our feeder-they move fast too!
I love the photo of the frozen pond!
Love the Liverpool signs, I like the stocks too, I wonder how many people would like to bring them back!
Post a Comment