Steven & I have just spent an amazing 3 days in the Lake District. We stayed at Bowness on Windermere in a lovely hotel called the Craig Manor which overlooked Lake Windermere. I had lost some weight before I went, but I think it has all gone back on thanks to the 4 course meal at dinner each night. We walked everyday and saw some amazing sights and took hundreds of photos - but I have with great difficulty, whittled them down to just 3 - one for 5th, 6th & 7th - will post some more tomorrow, to give a flavour of visit.

This photo was taken down on the shores of lake Windermere at dusk. We had had a long hill walk in the afternoon - but I was desperate to see the lake so we headed down here on our way back to the hotel for dinner. The photos taken with my Panasonic bridge camera have this lovely blue hue - the ones with my Nikon DSLR are just black blobs.

Sunday weather was actually quite nice and we had taken a nice hill walk up on Brantfell, overlooking the lake, but the weather changed as we were leaving and these clouds came over - patchy though allowing the sun's rays to poke through. We have some nice proper colour photos of the lake - but I like the colours of this one.
We had our first summit walk today and watched by a fabulous water fall at Stock Ghyll - but I have ended up choosing this photo of the head quarters of my spiritual shopping home - Lakeland!! (thought you might like this one Vicki!!!) We had our lunch in the Lakeland cafe on Saturday when we arrived and it was delicious - even the home made cake - the diet had to go on hold for 3 days!, but tonight as we waited for our train home - it looked so lovely all lit up with the huge Christmas tree outside - that this is today's photo.
1 comment:
Beautiful photos Deb - all so very atmospheric. Love the blue tone to the first one, the eerie misty mood of the second and the lights in the Lakeland one make it a brilliant photo that would have looked totally different in daylight.
Post a Comment