Today T & I joined with Rachel & Brian to do a nice 16K hike across the Arenig mountains in South Snowdonia, Mid Wales. We were so lucky with the weather - after the awful summer we have had we expected to be walking in rains and battling strong winds - but to our delight we had blue skies with just a few white wispy clouds, just a gentle breeze on the summit and sunshine all day - it was just perfect.
Brian organised and planned the walk so he has the honour of being my POTD.
From the summit with had 360 degree views all over the Welsh mountains - it was gorgeous. In the middle of this photo - though you most probably can't see it is Lake Bala.
We passed a lovely lake where we stopped for our mid morning elevenses.
On the way there we stopped at Rhugg organic farm for a bacon butty and I took this photo of a this metal bison sculpture - I am not sure if they farm Bison here - but I liked it.
T & I were still feeling quite exhilarated after the super 6 hour walk that we stayed on and found a few geocaches around some more of the Welsh Lakes. I am sorry if I have laked you out with all my lake photos lately - but this one Llyn Celyn, was so gorgeous because the water looked so blue that I just had to include it.



2 comments:
oh another set of gorgeous photos! Lovely views.
Beautiful selection of photos. Love that metal sculpture and the Bothy.
Post a Comment