Wednesday, 30 September 2009

30th September 2009 - out & about in South Shropshire

Today I have been out enjoying the last of the September sunshine - its been a gorgeous day. I have been out walking & geocaching in the South of the County - a part I don't get to visit often enough.
My first visit was to a stone circle on top of Stapley Hill. It used to be made up of of 30 stones but now there are only 15 left and most of them are small. It is thought to be at least 3,000 years old and is believed to have been made for rituals etc like Stonehenge. The trouble is I look so fat & ghastly in this photo next to the only big stone left that I don't really want to use it - I seem to have put weight on since I started my diet!

So I may use one of these other 2 photos that I took at the stone circle.


Or I do have another choice - this very bizarre sight - a shoe tree!

I was driving along this very remote lane - when it just came into view - so of course I had to stop the car and take a snap of it.


It was a lovely day to be out and the views up on the hills were gorgeous - I really must get a book on landscape photography - mine never ever show how lovely it is.


2 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

Another lovely set of photos. You do go to some beautiful places Deb.

Karen said...

Fabulous photo Deb - great views.

(No way do you look fat and ghastly in that photo - its a lovely photo.)