Today Steven & I visited The Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew - which was really the whole point of our trip to London. Today's photo is this one of this green dragon. I know it should have been a plant or flower, but this one came out so well that I just had to use it.

There are lots of glass houses here at Kew - the famous Palm House.

It was so hot & humid in here that we struggled to climb the spiral staircase to get to the top to get a birds eye view of all the palms.


Next is the Temperate House - another Victorian build, but thankfully not so humid.


The other glasshouse we visited was this modern one - which was opened by Princess Diana in 1987

It was in here that we took the dragon photo and met this little black & Yellow puffer fish!

This year is the 250th anniversary of the Gardens so there were lots of celebrations going on and information showing their future plans - it all seems very exciting.

Just a few shots around the grounds.
The bark on these tress was really pretty.



This Japanese Pagoda used to be open to Visitors but is now closed on health & safety grounds! I was secretly glad as there was no way I could have climbed up that.

There is an 18 metre tall woodland walkway - so visitors can appreciate the tall tree high up - it was good fun - even if the structure did sway a little bit making me feel a little nauseous!
3 comments:
Oh Wow Deb. Another place I'd like to visit but haven't so I'm very envious. You have some stunning photos. I like the sound of that woodland walkway.
Wow another lovely set of photos. It looks a lovely place to go to!
fabulous pics of Kew deb! Looks like you had a great time. I love the lizard photo, so clear you can really see the texture of it's skin!
Post a Comment