Monday, 14 September 2009

13th September photo - Liverpool - sorry LOADS of photos!



I am spending a couple of days in Liverpool. Here are just a small selection from the first day.
We met Eleanor in the evening and strolled around the park by her home. We bumped into Katya (who Eleanor is living with at the moment) and her gorgeous brown eyed dog.

There was a children's play ground and the 'grown up' children could not wait to have a go!



Why is it that City playgrounds are always so much better than town ones. We have a few slides and swings and that's about it! This one was real fun!


I found this lambannana at The Estuary business park. I thought they had all disappeared after the year of culture had finished so it was a nice surprise to discover this one along with a geocache.
The following photos were taken at Allerton Towers - a lovely park which used to be very grand - but the big house has long since disappeared, leaving just this lodge house and the ruins of the orangery.

I had al lovely walk along the promenade along side the Estuary. It has recently been updated - with lots of Maritime sculptures & artefacts and makes a really nice walk.

my first visit was to Sefton Park - which I have heard about but never visited. It was very nice! I found this statue of Eros - the god of requited love. I like the story of how if his arrow hits you you fall in fall in love with the sender - unrequited love no more!

I think this statue of Eros is going to be my POTD.


The day started off here at the Albert Docks - where I left Liam to go and do some shopping. Liverpoool One is a very good place to visit if you like to shop. Steven met a mini bus here to take him on the National Trust tour of John Lennon & Paul McCartney childhood homes - he had a fantastic time as he is a real Beatles fan.


1 comment:

Karen said...

I've never been to Liverpool but your photos show it to be very interesting. In my ignorance I didn't know what a Lambanana was, so I've googled it and now I know ALL about them. LOL. Glad you had a nice time.