Sunday, 6 September 2009

6th September photo - what a grey day

oh dear - sometimes despite my best intentions - the photo of the day just does not materialise.

Eating breakfast in the caravan - we could see lots of activity out of the beach so rushed out to see a group of swimmers braving the chill of the sea - being cheered on by their supporters. What a great idea for a photo and already sorted by breakfast time I thought - but no. As you can see the sea is is dull & grey and the minute bobbing heads do not make a good photo. Back to the drawing board.


Then along comes the bright orange lifeboat - ahh better picture material - but again no - too far away to make any real impact.

So a walk in the woods should throw up some ideas - yay - look a frog! But no again - he is far too well camouflaged to make much impact on the photos.



So down to the beach - sea gulls - surely? - but no - too dull & grey against a dull & grey beach & sea!

The fantastic rock formations on the beach? - no - even these look dull & grey today.


On the way home we stop at Llanidlois and I grab the chance to take this photo of the old market hall there. I know its black & white but at least its not grey!

So at the end of a long day I eventually have a POTD.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh dear Deb LOL. The trauma of getting a POTD. You certainly had a lot of photo opportunities and I'm glad you got a photo you liked in the end.