Thursday, 1 October 2009

1st October photo - my mum

I had to go and see my mum today to re-tune her Freeview box and I thought that she has not featured very much in my 365 project - so here she is my photo of the day.


The photo is taken on her balcony in her apartment. She lives in her lovely 2 bedroomed flat - it is for the elderly and they have a resident warden, but everyone lives independently. She just likes the reassurance of knowing that there is someone there. They is a thriving social community and through this has discovered card making and often comes and borrows some of my craft supplies. She moved in last year - leaving our family home that she had lived in ever since she had got married. It took a little bit of adjusting to - but now she does not miss it and the responsibility for its up keep at all. She has a lovely big balcony overlooking a small nature reserve - which she has filled with lots of pots & tubs of flowers, bulbs & small plants. She is close to town, the cinema and supermarkets - so has the best of both worlds. She is very active and is out most days at exercise classes, art classes, choir, painting, tai chi etc. - I hope I will be as active as she is when I get to 77

3 comments:

valerie said...

sounds like she has a fab time it is difficult to adjust to moves we see it al the time but family homes just end up being too bi don't they hope i'm that active too:)

Coffeedoff said...

Good idea to feature family members. I havn't done much of that!

Karen said...

Your Mum certainly sounds and looks like a very sprightly 77 year old. Lovely photo - can see the family resemblance.