Thursday, 29 October 2009

29th October photo - misty Mynd

A beautiful Indian summer is what the weather forecasters promised for today - ahh.. an ideal day to walk over one of my favourite hills - the Long Mynd. They could not have been more wrong!!! As I was driving towards the hills I was thinking ' they look covered in mist' but thought as the forecaster had said it would be sunny - the sun would come out later and burn it off - NO it did not - I was treated to a fantastic whiteout!

As I walked higher and higher the mist descended and I was enveloped in the swirling smog. Thankfully I have walked these hills a few times now so I was fairly confident where I was going - but it certainly tested my map reading skills. I walked up through Carding Mill Valley and onto Pole Cottage and then down via Townbrook Hollow. A lovely walk of about 4 hours.

I was not alone on the hills today - apart from some groups of Army cadets doing some manoeuvres, there were lots of wild ponies about - each looking at me as if I was mad. So as there was absolutely no chance of a scenic view today - this photo of a pony in the whiteout is my POTD.

5 comments:

Linda said...

love that white pony in the mist! looks like it's Shadowfax (is that it's name?) straight out of Lord of the Rings!!

Unknown said...

Love that shot of the white pony Deb.
-and I hate to tell you, but it was sunny in Rome!

Coffeedoff said...

Oh those ponies are beautiful!

valerie said...

fantastic photos

Karen said...

I love, love, love that photo of the pony in the mist. Beautiful.