Wednesday, 7 October 2009

7th October photo - Jessica's surprise!

This evening Jess & I went to Birmingham National Indoor Arena to see Michael McIntyre - he is not really my cup of tea but Jess loves him - so I bought these tickets ages ago for her and it has nearly killed me trying to keep it a secret! She had no idea that I had planned anything until Monday when I asked her not to go to the gym after work but to come straight home tonight, as we were going out. She sulked for 2 days because she thought I was taking her somewhere cultural like an art gallery or a classical concert!

Anyway tonight she still had no idea where we were going - even when we caught the train to Birmingham - she had some faint hope that we might be going on a late night shopping trip - her idea of heaven! As we walked up to the Symphony Hall she saw lots of people in black tie evening suits and was convinced we were going to a classical concert and her face really dropped - but she was delighted as I walked past this venue and on towards the NIA. There were posters outside for all sorts of acts, so she relaxed and started guessing, but it was not until we walked into the box office to collect the tickets that she saw a poster for Micheal McIntyre and realised that this was my surprise - she literally screamed out loud she was so excited!!

Her face was a picture and she was so happy and could not believe that I had managed to do anything so cool as this! (I am not the coolest mother at all according to the children!) She said this was the bestest surprise of her life and was actually glad that I had kept her in suspense for so long

I knew that cameras were not allowed so I had not even taken mine with me as I could not take the risk of it being confiscated - so the following pictures were taken on my mobile phone - so aplogies for the quality.


One very happy Jessica outside the NIA

The canal outside the NIA looked beautiful all lit up in the darkness.

Our tickets were at the back of this vast hall - but when we went to see where we were sitting the door person said why didn't we go and see if there were any returns for better seats -

- so off Jess ran as fast as she could and came back with 2 seats right next to the stage - she was now in 7th heaven! look at her happy smiley face!

We now had front row seats on the tiered section - I think these were the best seats - we were so close to him and no one blocking our view.


I surprised myself by chuckling a few times - I am not known for my sense of humour! But he was very good. Jess laughed and laughed all night - so much so that her sides really hurt afterwards.


One very happy Jess on the train on the way home - clutching her precious tickets. She is going to do a scrapbook layout with them - I have taught her well!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a great Mum to spring a surprise like that on your daughter. I bet it was as exciting for you revealing the secret as it was for Jess.

Linda said...

wow waht a lovely suprise! Sounds like the evening went really well. Love the cananl photos, and doesn't Jess photogrpah well?

Mrsjobee said...

lUCKY YOU - WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM - DO YOU THINK HE WOULD TRAVEL THIS FAR NORTH??