Today I had a lovely, but long walk along the Shropshire Union canal. I started my journey at the lovely village of Wheaton Aston in Staffordshire - finding my first cache hidden by this lovely church.

it was then off into the surrounding countryside passing beautiful homes such as this.

Before long, I found the canal which was quite busy with narrow boats today.

and nosey birds - wondering if I had any food for them.

One really nice aspect of walking along the canal at this time of year is that the narrow boats have their wood burning stoves lit and the lovely smoky smell reminds me of camping out with the guides when I was younger. I think this brightly coloured narrow boat, with the smoke emanating from its chimney, is going to be my POTD.
1 comment:
I think I have been along that canal in a narrow boat! It was 2003, the year we got Merlin our dog! We loved that holiday.
Post a Comment