Saturday, 9 August 2008

Another scraplift!

UKS is holding a summer bash to encourage us to use up our stash, so everyday this last week they have been putting up Page Maps for us to use.

This Page Map was from Wednesday this week and I loved the idea to use a tall thin photo, with plenty of room for journalling - so this photo of Jess outside the sports park at UEA and the story of how important this place is to her made the sketch ideal for me to use.

I did not have the right match of patterned & plain paper to follow the Page Map exactly - but as the aim was to use up what we already have - I made it fit!

Patterned paper is Doodlebug Design Inc. 1418 birthday boy: Ring Toss, Scenic Route White Lined paper, generic blue cardstock. Title & embellishment - Rusty Pickle coloured with water colour pencils. Photo corner - We R memory keepers. Jewell's - Papermania. There may or may not be a Buzz & Bloom chipboard scroll on the layout! Embossing it with blue embossing powder turned it green - so I have just painted it - but it looks really messy so I may abandon it!

Scroll abandoned - it looked silly! I even bought some Twinkling H2o's to see if they could help - No! - but they did make the 100% in the title look nice & shimmery. Just trying to decide whether to paint the rest of the title with them now.

This is 78 in my 104 target for the year.

I really like this sketch so I am just about to start another layout using the same design - its for Liam's album so it won't matter.

No comments: