Sunday, 3 August 2008

saturday crop - part 2

Here comes the proper post now!

The crop was fab - we are getting more & more scrappers now - so lots of other peoples work to look and admire. I saw some lovely heritage albums, I have not done done any heritage pages myself yet - but these were very inspiring. Might have to ask mum if she has any old snaps.

Oh and lots of stash to admire! Just when I thought I had got enough stuff, I saw a lovely punch which was a bit more than an ordinary punch - it did straight, corners, oblongs etc with a special base plate and it produces the most intricate shapes. I think I might have to pop into Percy Throwers to investigate.

I have been very busy this week so did not have enough time to prepare many layouts which was frustrating as I had 6 1/2 hours just to scrap without interruptions so I could have been very productive.

This is the only layout that I did complete.

It shows Jess and her friend having fun in the sun on their holiday to Faliraki in July this year. She came back with over 300 photos of the holiday on her laptop - so I am going to have to be very selective as to which ones I use. For this layout I used BoBunny papers, American Crafts thickers (rootbeer) and AC journaling sticker. Chipboard flowers from Gin X topped with buttons.

I made a start on 2 more layouts, which I hope to finish today.

As photos of layouts are minimal I will leave you with some pics of new goodies which arrived this week. I love this magazine which I have a subscription to - but I seem to have missed out on the July issue! I must email them tomorrow.

I bought this kit at the crop = its a Cosmo Cricket one called Cogsmo and thought it would be ideal for layouts of Ross & Liam when they were little as most of my stash is pink & girly because of doing Jessica's album first. I like the fact there are 2 of each sheet and they are all double sided - so I get plenty of options.This is another new boy kit = Rough & Tumble by K & Co. I got this from QVC and its really funky. Again the pages are double sided which is useful as some of them are too American for my taste! Just waiting for one more kit from Craft day on QVC - their waiting times are not improving!

No comments: