First we went to Cheswardine GC1C24B - what a beautiful village! We found the cache quite easily - well Thelma did - I was looking under the wrong tree! Left a travel slug here.
Moved on then to Sambrook GC1BV3V - again a lovely village but nowhere to park - we did eventually find a spot at the church. A short walk took us to the cache - the clue was 'in a pile of logs' and as Thelma is incapacitated with her poorly knee, it was up to me to investigate. Horrors awaited me, as I rummaged through the logs, a huge furry thing came appeared and I screamed like a banshee - I thought it was a rat but it was only a bunny rabbit! Well it made Thelma laugh at my wimpishness. Anyway the cache was not even in THAT pile of logs but another one. We retrieved a travel bug from this one.
I now have 6 travel bugs to move on - must get out and do some more geocaching - think I will have to bribe Liam!
We now had all the clues to find the bonus cache at Peplow GC1BT8F. The lovely & unusual Chapel of the Epiphany here stood by itself but was very close to the Peplow Estate - what a super grand house - I would love to live there. Unfortunately the walk to the cache took us through fields with cattle in - 3 huge bulls in the first one - thankfully they stayed lying down. Lots of cows with calves in the second field - which we did not know about until we reached it and because it we had geodog Mollie with us it was a bit nerve racking. On the way back though there was a huge field full of bulls who clearly could see or smell us because they stared charged and snorting but they were safely behind a gate - it was still scary all the same.
When we left Peplow I spied this unusual tree of horseshoes. I thought it looked so interesting that I made Thelma stop the car just so that I could take a photo of it and the weather vane on top of the Farriers house - I think she thinks that I am really loosing my mind!.



1 comment:
Ive finally made it back onto/into your blog!
so before it freezing again Im going to leave a comment!
Love the look of Jess' new Ka...beautiful..lucky girl..tho i dont envy the driving lessons!(good luck to you both!)
And the pic of all thoses horseshoes..my goodness..I wonder how many are there..?
Cam corder looks so compact!ours is 5 years old now and seems massive compared to that!Have you decided to keep or return..?
Lovely Los from the crop..
please elaborate on the cutting tool you have mentioned..I didnt see that at the crop!!
must go..laundry to wade through & some ironing too..
xx
Post a Comment