My kitchen has fallen apart!
It has been bad for years & years - then last night as I was pouring out the water from the potatoes into the sink - BANG & CRACK and the bottom fell out of the sink!
So now I am sinkless!
I have put up with this rubbish kitchen for years. Each year more and more things break.
The cupboard doors are either broken or peeling.

Drawers have fallen out so there are big gaps - this drawer fell out last year so I have to keep all my utensils just in it on the worktop.


Note the candles and matches next to it because the ignition does not work on the cooker any more and I only have 2 functioning rings.Then last year the oven door handle fell off - so we cannot shut the oven door properly now - which for me as a baker has been a nightmare as cakes do not rise or bake evenly.

There are areas without worktops - just random spaces awaiting them - my husband never got round to putting them in! Carousels that don't move round - are just stuck!
Because the kitchen is hated by everyone - these shelves have just become a dumping ground for junk.

I have lived with this crappy kitchen for about 10 years now, as we could not afford to do anything about it, but trying to hopelessly wash up in a tiny little washing up bowl last night -bought home reality -we really do have to do something about it now and find some money to have a new kitchen installed.

I think it will have to be a compromise between my dream kitchen and what we can afford. The trouble is that it is a large kitchen - so it will need lots of units, a new cooker and new sink. I really want to keep my fridge and freezer as they are huge and hold tons. I would love to have it professionally designed but I think that is going to be way out of our price range.

So today I am off to Magnet and MFI to look at their showrooms and to buy some kitchen magazines to get some ideas. I see a few stressful weeks ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment