Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Spontaneous layout.

I am not meant to be scrapping at the moment - I really do not have the time - I am meant to be cleaning up from all the visitors we have had lately. But as I was tidying the front room and taking down the birthday cards - one of Liam's caught my eye and I thought ' oh all these squares could be useful' - so I abandoned the housework and set about cutting up the card. Once I had done that thought - 'I wonder if these squares would fit onto a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock' - they did perfectly - so of course then I just had to create something with them. So Steven came home from work to find the house still a mess and no tea ready!!


Crikey how young do Steven & I look in these photos. I think Eleanor was about 2 and I remember they were taken on a trip to Ellesmere to feed the ducks.

I quite like the layout, but I don't think the colours are quite right. The squares were muted colours, so I thought I would use some outdoor countryside photos - not sure these are the right ones to use.

I used DCWV Neutrals cardstock, tree & leaves rub ons Hambly screen prints - Mod trees (these are fab rub ons - they actually work! ) Alpha rub ons - October Afternoon (also very good rub ons), journalling tag & fabric brad - Wild Saffron by K & Co. Birthday card was from Pheonix trading.
The answer to the question is CLOTH KITS, but the alpha font does not make it easy to read. The journalling under the photos tells about how most of Eleanor's clothes when she was little were from Cloth kits. The fabric came screen printed with the most beautiful designs and I just had to cut them out and sew them together. I stopped buying from them when a new computer system they installed did not work and caused the company major problems. I thought these problems had caused the company to fold - but I have just checked on the Internet and found it is still going strong - here -selling clothes kits which are still vibrant and different.

No comments: