Wednesday, 25 February 2009

25th feb photo - return trip to the Berwyns

Today Thelma and I returned to the Berwyns for a hike to the summit. I don't have a landscape photo for February365 project, so have chosen this one as my photo of the day.





So here it is - Cader Berwyn in all its cloudy glory. We climbed up to the highest peak in the photo and I think we had already walked for about an hour by the time we got to this spot - it was very high at 2723ft and it did make me huff and puff!





It was freezing at the top so we abandoned the idea of continuing for a further 6 miles to reach another 2 geocaches - we will leave them for a warmer day.





Me with the geocache at the summit. My hands were so numb with the cold that I could hardly write in the log book.



We ate lunch in a stone shelter at the summit and having seen a Cadburys cream egg on Vicki's 365 photo blog (here) yesterday - I could not resist them so bought us some for our treat.


There were a couple of breaks in the cloud on the way up so we stopped for a photo opportunity - the mountains and views from up here are just gorgeous.





Once we had walked down we called at the top of Pistal Rhyader waterfalls and Thelma took this photo which I think has come out well - the rock structures are just fab and I would like to really like to use it as my POTD - but as I did not take it - I don't suppose I can.


No comments: