Monday, 10 August 2009

10th August photo - butterfly

Today's photos show a typical rural Shropshire summer afternoon walk - with a bit of geocaching thrown in as well - I reached 700 finds today!

My photo of the day is this lovely butterfly shot - I am very pleased with it - mind you there were lots more that I was not happy with!

Steven & I are in the middle of a series of caches which are all set around railways lines that Dr Beeching axed in the 1960's - it is actually quite sad to see all these disused railway bridges and areas where the tracks used to run. Most of them are fenced off - but today we managed to get quite close to this bridge. There is a huge tree growing right in the middle of the track!


Most of the lines now lie covered by farmland and the farmers were out in force today harvesting their crops.


leaving fields looking very barren now.

But some Autumn crops are starting to show already - we found these lovely blackberries. I am going to try and get a better shot in September for a POTD.

And another butterfly photo which was a close contender for POTD.

4 comments:

Linda said...

wow stunning photo of the butterfly Deb! Well done on 700 cahe finds, that's quite an achievement! signs of autumn already (sigh)

Mrsjobee said...

Gorgeous photos - no blackberries ready up here yet.

Coffeedoff said...

Lovely butterfly photo! the blackberries look yummy too.

Karen said...

Congratulations on the 700th find(although I know you're now well past 700!). Love the butterfly photo - so delicate.