Today was day 1 of my 2 day challenge to do the Chiltern Hundred series of geocaches. I walked the Chesham Ring today and was out for 10 hours solid walking - from 9.15 am to 19.15hrs in the evening. I did very well and found 46 out of 49 caches so I was pleased with that - lets hope I can reach the magic hundred tomorrow. You would think that being out for so long in such beautiful countryside that I would have taken loads of photos - but in fact I was so busy concentrating on my route, finding all these - sometimes very pesky caches and writing everything down, that actually I did not really bother with my camera - so only a few snaps today.

Today's photo is going to be this hale bales one - its a bit dull I know - but I have been trying to take a photo of the lovely round hay bales for a few days now - to show the changing seasons in my album, but the farmers are being very efficient this year and taking them out of the fields as soon as they are bound - so I have not been able to find any - so when I saw these rectangular ones - thought I better take it.

The countryside was beautiful - but I only have this one photo of the landscape, taken when I stopped for some food.

I was quite excited to spy one of these - a Huff house - nestled amongst the Chiltern Hills. I LOVE Huff houses and when I win the lottery - one of these gorgeous buildings will be at the top of my shopping list.

I also spied these ostriches - but the photos are rubbish - because they are such nosey birds - they all came up to see what I was doing - the cache was right next to their field - but being so close they were all stuck right up behind the awful looking fencing - so no good for my POTD.

Another hay bale photo - will see which I prefer when I get home to print them out.
right an early night is in order - I need all my rest for tomorrow's 10 hour walk!
2 comments:
I love the hay bale photo! Looks like you had a lovely day out! Well done for walking so far, you put me to shame with my 4 miles in the NF last weekLOL!
Congratulations Debs. Did your feet ache after all that walking? Love the photos of the harvest.
Post a Comment