Tuesday, 4 August 2009

4th August photo - Cathy & I walking over Haugmond Hill

Today Cathy & I visited Haugmond Hill and had a lovely walk over it - our only disappointment was that the cafe where we were planning to have our lunch was not open! Must remember not to visit on a Monday or Tuesday next time. I think this photo of me & Cathy will be my POTD.

The weather was mixed - certainly not a sunny summers day - our waterproof coats kept coming off and on according to the showers and temperature.


The woods on the hill were lush and green - because of all the rain we have had lately.




They have opened a new viewing platform over the quarry next to the hill which was really interesting as I have never seen it in action before. The quarry is going to be closed in 2020 - when this big hole in the ground will be filled in with water and the area managed as a nature reserve.



Just some interesting fungi on a rotten tree stump.

3 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

Lovely set of photos. I like the fungi and the green ferns against the bark of the tree.

Karen said...

That looked an interesting walk Deb. Love the view over the quarry and the fungi.

Linda said...

lovely walk, I love the lush green trees!