Saturday, 22 August 2009

22nd August photo - Tal-y-llyn from the pass

Today I took Eleanor back to Liverpool after the birthday celebrations and then made a leisurely journey down to the caravan. My mother was with me so we stopped at various places to admire views and had a lovely fish & chip supper in Bala. By the time we got to Tal-y-Llyn pass in Snowdonia National Park to take this picture (I had had this shot in mind all day) it was getting dark - see the car head lights! Even at dusk it is a majestic sight as you drive down the pass - seeing the lake at the bottom of the hill surrounded by huge mountains on either side. It sends tingles down the back of your neck!!

I have lightened the photo to make the lake visible as this is the only photo I took all day - so I have to use it.