Tuesday, 25 August 2009

24th August photo - Tal-y-Llyn lake

Having viewed the lake from a distance on Saturday evening - I really wanted to explore it closer up - so today I had that chance. I was able to park right next to it and eat my picnic lunch before climbing up the high mountains on one side to find 2 geocaches. The lake is just as beautiful close up as it is in the distance. This first photo is my POTD.





The reward for a nice long climb up was this gorgeous view looking down on the lake.

I was not the only one out today - I was treated to flyby by this bomber (small spec on the left hand side of photo!) and also 2 jets.


lots of sheep with scarily large horns to keep me company today!!

3 comments:

valerie said...

stuuning photos what fabulous views. lucky you to get to climb them

Karen said...

Gorgeous photos Deb. You have seen some stunning scenery this year.

Coffeedoff said...

Lovey photos, wonderful views.