Tuesday, 15 September 2009

15th September photo - around Kerry with Pat

Today Pat & went out walking and geocaching around Kerry & Newtown in Mid Wales. We were lucky again with the weather - nice and sunny all day. We were not so lucky with finding the caches though - we did find 8, but 3 eleuded us. I am beggining to think I am jinxed at the moment with all these that I cannot find.


I think today' s photo will be this one of us at Dolforwyn Castle. We were laughing because she had just got some simple maths wrong - which would have have sent us looking for the cache in the wrong direction! Thankfully I had got mine right for a change.


The castle was perched high up on the hill giving us great views all around. It was still quite misty which I think gives it a romantic / serene touch to the photo.

Any serentiy we might have felt at looking at the views, were soon banished by the workmen's singing!! They were there maintaining the site - but they did not sing like Welshmen - our cue to leave I think!


This is the well at the castle dug in around 1200 - before then they relied on rainwater for their supplies.
After the castle we went and found a cache along the Montgomeryshire canal - it was lovely and SO different to the industrial canal at Ellesmere Port yesterday.

We then walked over Penarron Hill at Kerry. It was a lovely walk of about 2 hours and we were rewarded with a final cache at this delightful pool overlooking the Welsh scenery below.

3 comments:

valerie said...

nice photo looks like you were having a good day

VickiA said...

that last photo is stunning!

Karen said...

You alway geocache in such picturesque places. Thanks for showing up your photos.