Wednesday, 9 September 2009

9th September photo - Shrewsbury shops

For September's Shrewsbury shop watch I have chosen a very successful independent shop - Watson & Thornton - haberdashers. It is situated at the bottom of Mardol. It is another half timbered Mediaeval building.


It sells yards & yards of the most gorgeous material and even if you are not a sewer its enough to make you want to become one. It used to be just one shop, but then it took over the shop next door - so it has a large floor area and even goes up to the second floor. I used to sew a lot - I made all my maternity frocks and made clothes for the children - though they were mostly with Cloth Kits kits - but I have not made any clothes for ages.

My last purchase from there was some ribbon & half a yard of Hessian for a scrapbook layout and some material squares for the quilts I am going to make for the children - but they remain just nearly finished cut out strips with no stitching yet - perhaps this can be my project for next year - finish the children's quilts!

1 comment:

Karen said...

That looks a really quaint shop. The door looks really low like you would have to stoop to go in.