Friday, 20 November 2009

20th November photo - the river has burst its banks!

The river Severn that flows around Shrewsbury has burst its banks and has flooded. The car parks in town are closed, but these views over the fields are much nicer than a concrete car park!
You can see the usual path of the river in the middle of this picture.

I love how blue the sky is today - much nicer than the grey skies filled with rain that has caused this problem.

The trees, usually sitting in the middle of the field are now surrounded by flood water - behind them is the Wrekin Hill

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh dear Deb. The flood waters do make a good photo but I hope you or any of your friends and family don't live too close.

Unknown said...

You are so kine about my photos Deb-thank you. I'm really enjoying photography at the moment-but still not managing one a day! I'm so impressed that you have kept it up!
I hope the rain has stopped where you are and that you've not had any (serious) flooding.

Coffeedoff said...

Even your flood pictures look good. Hope nobody suffered with them!

Linda said...

What great photos! Love the colours - nice to have a sunny day at last. Hope noone's house was flooded near you.