Well I went and did it - I have signed up for Slimming World. I went along to my local group on Monday evening and it was not as awful as I expected - in fact I quite enjoyed it. I weighed in at an horrendous 16 stone & 13.5 lb - just half a lb off 17 stone - now that is bad.
When you think that I was 9 1/2 stone when I got married and 10 1/2 when I started having children - thats 7 stone put on in 20 years. Time to stop the upward trend!
I know I have needed to loose weight for a long time but I was not ready to do it - but now I am. A few things have started the cause:-
1) had to scrub up for an emergency LSCS the other morning and could not fit into the extra- large theatre gear! - very humiliating.
2) Jessica' s scrapbook is finished - so I don't feel the need for every living moment to be spent thinking about scrapbook pages.
3) Steven & I are going to be 50 in 2 years time and want a special holiday to celebrate reaching our half century - perhaps China - and I want to able to be fit enough to enjoy it and look nice in the photos - not feel I have to hide away and just take photos of steven all the time.
4) Health reasons - its not healthy to be as fat as this. My gamma GT liver function tests have been very slow to return to normal after my gall stone surgery - this extra weight is not helping.
5 ) to get fitter - I am so unfit - Ido not do any exercise and huff & puff like a steam train.
6) learn to control my eating - I am such a chocaholic that I live on chocolate - I eat tons of it at least 2 or 3 times a day
Anyway I have some targets - 3 actually. First target is to loose 3 stone to get to 14 stone. My treat to my self when I reach here is to consider getting a gym membership - depending on finances - not good at the moment.
second target - loose another 2 stone to get to 12 stone - not sure what my treat to myself will be here.
Final target - loose a further 2 stone to get to 10 stone. I wonder if that is achievable? I should look Ok at that weight as that was the weight I was for many years before the children came along. If I ever get there steven can treat me to something!!!!
The Happiest Place & DIY Cute Paper Clips
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment