Thursday, 21 June 2007

This week's reading & watching material

Just thought I would show what I am reading and watching at the moment


Fosse is a fab DVD - it is the show Fosse about the choreography of the legendary Bob Fosse. It has lots of different dance routines and music from his different shows. My favourite track is a toss up between - Steam Heat from The Pajama Game - great beat and a track from Chicago - which has to one of my all time favorite musicals. I love the way Fosse uses exaggerated hand movements in his routines.



This is a book a bought from Slimming World on Monday night and it is full of free recipes - will be very useful but most of the recipes are for 4 people and Liam doesn't eat well at the best of time - so he will not want to join in - will have to see if I can cut them down for 2 folks.



Surprisingly I actually enjoyed this book as I remember watching the TV show about it - she did very well to loose so much weight. It is a few years old now and Michelle has disappeared from public view so I hope she has has been able to keep the weight off. I must admit about being very perplexed about her passion for alcohol. It was a major catastrophe when she could not have alcohol. I don't get it myself as I don't drink. There was a girl at SW on Monday complaining about the same thing - how sad that alcohol plays such a large & important part in their lives that they feel so very deprived if they can't have it.

What I did take from the book was the importance of eating natural food when changing your diet. It is far better to eat something which is higher in calories but is healthy and natural rather than something low calorie and very processed. I think I have taken that message on board - someone on UKS suggested having a packet mix pasta & sauce and in my slimmer of the week bag was a packet of meat free bolagnase - full of rubbish and all processed but low in caloreis - but I have stuck with natural instead.

No comments: