Monday, 22 June 2009

22nd June photo - open air art gallery - its a bit photo heavy this post - sorry!

Conscious that I needed to take photos of more interesting subjects this week - this afternoon I popped out to Llanfair Caereinion, where there is an open air art gallery, which I have passed a few times on my travels and kept in mind as a photo of the day.

Well I was not disappointed - there were wood and metal sculptures dotted throughout the woodland and they were really fun and interesting to look at. The sculptor Andy Hancock - creates them from logs of wood - carving away until the natural shape of the wood dictates the finished product.

Dilemma time again though - which one do I choose?? It will have to be one of these top few because they are in landscape orientation.






The artist was in residence so I watched him at work - he is a very talented guy!





I really like this green man - sticking his tongue out!




Apparently he has more work on show around Lake Vyrnwy - so perhaps later in the year I will go and visit there.

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a great place to visit - especially for a photographer. LOL Super photos - love the cute faces.

VickiA said...

Wow. Looks amazing.

Linda said...

wow what an interesting place! Great photos Deb!

Mrsjobee said...

Gorgeous pics - looks like somewhere I might have to check out next time I am down to visit my mum

Coffeedoff said...

What a super place. I love the first one and the owls, but then as I look I like the others too.