This afternoon my Mother & I went to see Blood Brothers at the new Shrewsbury Theatre. it was fantastic - I was determined not to cry - but I could not help it and I had a good old weep at the end - but then so did the rest of the audience!

I had not seen this show before so it was a nice new experience for me and neither had I been to our new theatre which only opened in February - I was pleasantly surprised.

We had lunch in the restaurant overlooking the river and then sat out on the balcony until the show was ready to start - very civilised!

The theatre has been built next to the River and has had quite a few critics for its architectural merit or lack of - but I quite like it and it is nice and modern inside - they even have built around an old chapel which was on the site and incorporated that into the design for the bar. Looking at the programme for the rest of the year, I am keen to visit again.

2 comments:
That show is on in Worthing next week! I may go and see it.
Interesting building. Glad you enjoyed the show.
Post a Comment