Friday, 5 June 2009

5th June photo - a poppy or a tree?

I went back to Telford this morning to do some geocaching back in Apley Castle woods which I so enjoyed visiting before. It was a new series of 8 - I found them all except for the last one! But it was a nice circular walk which took me different parts of the woods that I had not visited before so worth going over there again.

I had hoped to take a photo of a field of poppies but it was not quite ready so I have taken a single shot of one poppy - which is just OK - nothing special and one of a strange looking tree - again it has not come out brilliantly.



I think I am tempted to use the tree photo and hope that I can catch the poppy field in full bloom soon and so be able to use that for a photo of the day.

3 comments:

Linda said...

great pics Deb! What an unusual tree! love the colour of that poppy.

Karen said...

I love the poppy photos Deb. I tried to take on the other day but it was too windy and the petals kept folding up. You certainly had better luck than I did.

Coffeedoff said...

I love popies, but that tree is so unusual.