Thursday, 25 June 2009

25th June photo - Snowdon

Today T and I walked up Snowdon - along with half of the rest of the country!! It was so busy - I think the nice weather and the new cafe must have been a real draw.

T managed to take this nice photo of me at the summit - I don't know how she did it as the top was swarming with people - even though it looks like I was there by myself - I was not!! This is going to be my photo of the day. Unfortunately the same can not be said for the photo I took of her at the top - people everywhere - and I call myself a photographer!




It was very strange to be so high up that we were higher than helicopters & birds!

This is the new cafe - it is very nice and I think it blends in well to the environment.

The weather was glorious - nice and sunny - a bit too hot for walking up mountains really - but unfortunately there was a heat haze at the top so the views were not as good as we were expecting.




Like the summit we visited 2 weeks ago at Llandudno - there is a train to the summit. Half way up, I was beginning to wish that we had come up this way - my legs were so tired. However I am very pleased that I did it in 3 hours - last time I came with Liam in 2004, it took me 4 hours up and 3 1/2 down - this time we were down in 2 - so a great improvement in my fitness.




We even managed to fit in 3 geocaches whilst we were there - which were quite tricky to do with so many people about.

3 comments:

Linda said...

wow Deb! Well done for climbing Snowdon. Looks like a really lovely day, some great photos there!

Coffeedoff said...

Another set of lovely photos, the views are great!

Karen said...

Wow! Stunning photos. Well done on reaching the summit.