Today I found myself in Bangor - North Wales and very nice it was too. I had no doubt what my POTD would be - the Menai Bridge. It was the first time I had been over it so it was very exciting. Unfortunately all my photos were taken into the sun so have come out badly - just one I took from the other side seems to be OK - but it does not show all of the bridge. So I think this one will have to be my POTD.
Its very hard to take decent shots of a bridge whilst you are actually on it!
This lovely bridge was built by the famous Shropshire engineer Thomas Telford in 1826.
A good example of how NOT to take photos!! Despite 7 months of this - I don't seem to be getting any better!
Anyway there was a lovely view from the bridge.
After landing in Angelsey I went to the Village with the longest Welsh name (Lanfair PG for short) so of course had to have my photo taken there - but I look ghastly so am not very keen to use this one - even though I am unlikely to return there for another chance at a better photo.
I did a little geocache here at the railway station which drove me mad. The clue was 'at the white wooden fence post' and there was 100's of little white fence posts!!! I found it in the end - I was not going to let it beat me.



No comments:
Post a Comment