Sunday, 16 August 2009

16th August photo - crafty stash scrapbook workshop

Unfortunately scrapbooking has had to take a bit of a back seat in my life lately, which I have not been happy about. But when I heard that Tracie Hudson was teaching at a Crafty Stash summer workshop - that was all the inspiration I need to drive 200 miles to take part, as I really admire her style of scrapping.

I have had a fab day - I have produced 5 layouts, met some lovely people, had great food and even won a prize - not for my scrapping skills I must admit - but the luck of the draw!

Tracie had designed some brilliant classes and she is a very good teacher - so I enjoyed them all even though we worked at quite a pace.


The venue was a lovely hall in Welwyn Garden City. I have never been there before - but my trusty Tom Tom - got me along the M25 and there without a problem.


Tracie designs for Sassafrass & Prima and our first class was with Sassafrass products. They are quite whimsy - so not my usual type of papers - but it was nice to try something new. This layout invloved a lots of free hand cutting and I have used a photo of me at the top of Snowdon taken in June. I just need to add a title and some journalling at home and then there is another layout finished for my album.

This second layout also uses Sassafrass products and is uses a picture of Dad and the girls taken recently in Liverpool.

The 3rd class was using Prima Printables and I did get quite messy with the paint - but had fun and really like this layout using a photo taken at Jessica's graduation.

This 4th layout is made with Prima's gorgeous papers - again a lot of handcutting and some painting. It is not quite finished. The title was made with the same black alphas as above but they look too big and don't quite fit on the page properly - so I am going to see if I can find something else at home.

The 5th layout is back to Sassasfrass whimsy papers - but is not finished so will post it when I have finished it. Below is my prize - a crate of Prima flowers - flowers are going to be appearing on all my layouts from now on!


I really hope that today can kick me back into scrapping action as I have lots of stories to tell and a ton of photos than need to appear on layouts.

5 comments:

Ali M said...

Lovely Los ..they are really super..Sounds like u had a great day out!!
must pick yr brains re an external hard drive some time..Im sure Ive seen on yr blog that you have one..
Hope you are well..xx

Tracie H said...

It was so lovely to meet you on Sunday - have fun with your new stash of blooms.
T.x.x

Linda said...

oooh I am jealous - a class with Tracie! Your LOs are absolutely gorgeous! glad you had a good time.

Deb said...

Linda - she was so worth driving 200 miles for!

Karen said...

Glad you had a nice time at the crop. You completed some gorgeous layouts. I particularly like the one of Eleanor.