Yes as from Saturday 31st August 2009, it will become illegal to buy any of these old traditional 100 watt lightbulbs. Next year (2010) the 60 watt bulbs are to be phased out to encourage us all to switch over to the more environmentally friendly low energy compact fluorescent lights and by 2012 all wattages of the old filament type bulbs will have been phased out.
The Happiest Place & DIY Cute Paper Clips
2 days ago



4 comments:
A sad day! I hate low energy bulbs and have stocked up on the old style bulbs. Great idea for a photo - in years to come kids wont recognise that as a light bulb.
we have changed nearly all our light bulbs to low energy but it is sad that we wont have the choice
http://dottydotty.wordpress.com/
oh dear, I too hate these low energy bulbs-I like to be able to see!
I dont mind the new bulbs at all, have them all over the house.
Post a Comment