Friday, 7 August 2009

7th August photo - red sky at night - shepherds delight!

I actually took this photo yesterday evening - but as I had already posted one for yesterday, I am going to use it today as it is just too good not to use.


This one below was the original and I have managed to photoshop the telegraph wire out - yey!


Steven & I went out geocaching last evening and managed to find all 5 caches that we were looking for - but they took us longer than we expected, so dusk was falling by the time we were heading home - but we were treated to the most fantastic red fiery sky - we have not seen one like this for a long time.

It started off just as a gentle red sky and became more and more intense as the light fell.




We should be in for a hot day today if the old proverb is to be believed.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Lovely sky. My little boy always thought it was "red sky, shepherds pie!" We still say it to him now.

VickiA said...

Fantastic shots Deb!

Mrsjobee said...

Stunning sky.

Coffeedoff said...

Wow stunning photos, I love sunsets!

Karen said...

Stunning sky. Reminds me of photos of Africa IYKWIM.