We woke to a lovely Autumnal mist this morning - it was too good an opportunity to miss - so instead of lounging in my PJ's all day as I had planned - I jumped up and ran down to the river by my house, armed with my tripod & cameras. And soon discovered a problem - misty mornings are lovely to look at but very hard to take photos of - especially when the sun is facing right at you!

This is my first shot - when I shot on auto it came out all dark so I had use some manual controls to get this one - its just ok.

I tried this one showing the mist covering Haughmond Hill - but something is missing. When I focused in more tightly - all I got was the white mist and nothing else.

So in desperation I jumped in the car and drove to Atcham - but by this time the mist was lifting and I got this photo - with the mist in the very distant background so not what I wanted - better colours this time though.

Again you can't even see the mist in this photo from the old bridge - so I gave up and took a photo of the bridge instead!

Not sure which one to use as photo of the day as none are brill or really show what I wanted to show. I have got a new photography book on landscape photography - better start reading it and try again if we have any more misty mornings.
4 comments:
I think they are all great photos. I especially like the first one - very atmospheric.
Love that last one of the bridge reflected in the river!
LOL I've encountered the problems with photographing mist before they look pretty good though and that bridge is incredible:)
I love early morning mist and you did capture it! Great photos
Post a Comment