A late posting tonight as I wanted to take another night shot. Today's photo is Shrewsbury Castle lit up at night. I drove past it earlier on in the week and thought that it would make an ideal shot for today - but perhaps a Friday evening was not a good time to go into town for it as there were lots of young people out 'enjoying themselves'! I looked a bit out of place - this old woman in frumpy clothes carrying a tripod, with 2 cameras slung around my neck!!
The oldest parts of the Castle were built between 1066 and 1074, during the reign of William the Conqueror. There were additions over several centuries. Later, in the late 18th century, Thomas Telford remodelled the interior as a private house. The Castle was acquired by the Corporation of Shrewsbury in 1924 through the generosity of Shropshire Horticultural Society. The Castle houses the spectacular collections of the Shropshire Regimental Museum Trust including pictures, uniforms, medals, weapons and other equipment from the 18th Century to the present day.There was an attempt by the IRA to blow it up a few years ago.



3 comments:
Fantastic shots. I must investigate night shots!
Beautiful photos. I'm hopeless at night time photography so I'm in awe of your photos.
wow fab photos! And so brave going out to do night shots!
Post a Comment